"he set out to prove a point about how easy women have it"
FOREIGN LANGUAGES (✿◠‿◠)
FICTIONAL LANGUAGES (^▽^)
SPEAKING ANOTHER LANGUAGE (◑‿◐)
WRITING ANOTHER LANGUAGE ( ^▽^)
L I N G U I S T I C S (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
first speech: i love naruto
second speech: i’m changing the title of president to hokage
A man just walked past me and said “excuse me, but you look very nice tonight darlin” I said thank you and he said you’re welcome and walked off. And that is how you compliment a woman without harassing them
No, that is still unsolicited, and thus, harassment. No amount of “darlins” is gonna make me not want to punch your ass for coming on to me without provocation.
UR SO STUPID
- Lang-8 (Journal in another language, be corrected by native speakers. Do the same for others by correcting them.)
- Polyglot Link
- FSI Language
- BBC Languages
- I Kinda Like Languages
- GLOSS (Foreign Language Institute)
- My Language Exchange
- So You Want to Learn a Language
- Mango Languages
- Learning with Texts
- South Asian Linguistics
- F*ckyeahsouthasia #Language
- Open Culture: Free Language Lessons (another masterlist)Reddit Threads:
SRS (Spaced Repetition flashcards):
- Memrise (Iphone/pad app available)
- Anki (droid/i-app avail)
- Skritter (Paid: Japanese/Chinese; i-app avail.)
Chinese (Mostly/All Mandarin):
- Chinese Grammar Wiki
- Fluent Flix
- Chinese Hacks
- Social Mandarin
- Hao Hao Report
- Hacking Chinese
- Reddit Resource List
- Why Chinese is so damn hard
- sugoideas, Taiwanese dramas
- Baidu radio, PRC radio stations
- Mac TV, Taiwan TV
- 中文字譜, site for making mnemonics
- Reviewing the Hanzi
- Perapera Chinese Firefox add on
- Better Chinese (Paid)
- China Sprout online retail
- Chinese Grammar (eh, looks dull)
- More Manhua
- Chinese Rage Comics
- English Slang in Chinese
- Sentence Structure / Particles / Modals
- Pleco for iPhone
- Chinese with Serge (he’s pretty clear)
- Review the Hanzi forum thread
- Nciku (search characters by drawing them)
- QQ international version / Weibo (Chinese “twitter”) / renren
- Apps: Mindsnacks Mandarin ($5, personal recommendation), Manhua Reader App, Pleco, Word Tracer Learn Chinese, Chinese with Pengyou Pal
- Books I own: (Far East) Illustrated 300 Chinese Character Dictionary, Reading and Writing Chinese (Tuttle), Chinese Link (favorite textbook so far), Integrated Chinese (Not as good as Chinese Link imho. Less organized/structured in a good format), Basic Spoken Chinese (Tuttle), Schaum’s Chinese GrammarGujarati:Hindi:
Indonesian - Bhasa Indonesian:
- Hangul Type Attack
- Seemile (Also learn Chinese)
- Talk to Me in Korean
- My Korean 1 & 2
- Busy Atom
- Korean Wiki - Hangul
- Grammar Dictionary
- Radio Korea
- Songang Korean Program
- Hulu Kdramas
- Airang “I Love Korean”
- Seoul National University Korean Crash Course
- Apps: Korean Letters Lite App (Free/Paid available), Korean Study Buddy App, Learn Sounds of Korean App (currently free)
- Korean Champ
- Korean Class 101
- Hangukdrama and Korean
- Learn Korean
- Resource List (Also Japanese)
- Books: Integrated Korean (Common textbook, friends used/liked it for class), Learn Korean for Beginner’s (Tuttle), Basic Korean: A Grammar and Workbook.
- All Japanese All the Time (AJATT method; perhaps worth a read for other languages)
- So You Want to Learn Japanese…
- Perapera Firefox add on
- Reviewing the Kanji
- Tae Kim’s Guide to Learning Japanese / The app
- Beginner’s Guide
- Kanji Damage
- Tofugu / Textfugu (Some-Paid)
- Rikaichan FF/Chrome
- Lingualift (Paid)
- I Know! (Paid)
- Nihon Shock ($25)
- Tagorin Dictionary
- Read the Kanji
- Nihongo Dekimasu
- Before Breakfast
- Kotodama Typing Game
- Real Kana
- The Japanese Page
- All Kana Aesop’s Fables (Practice translating)
- Manga RAWs
- Apps: Kana iphone/ipad app (all Japanese game), Ninja worlds (free/paid $3 app), Human Japanese (Free/$10)
- How to Read Manga/Watch anime (and understand) in 2 years
- Pastebin Reddit Resources
- Pera Pera Penguin
- Nihongo e na
- Jbox Study items
- Other Books: Remembering the KanjiMalay:
- Learn Thai
- Learning Thai
- TV Method Thai (Immersion oral learning)
- Learning Thai
- Women Learn Thai
— Check the detailed Resources Page.So You Want to Learn… List:
- Ainu, Arabic, Azerbaijani (Azeri), Balinese, Bengali, Burmese (Myanmar), Cantonese (Yue), Cebuano, Fuzhou (Foochow), Gujarati, Hakka, Hindi, Hmong, Indonesian, Japanese, Javanese (Basa Jawa/Jawi), Kannada, Kashmiri, Kazakh, Khmer (Cambodian), Korean, Kyrgyz, Lao, Malay (Melayu), Malayalam. Mandarin (Chinese), Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Oriya, Pashto, Persian (Farsi, Dari, Tajik/Tajiki), Punjabi (Panjabi), Shanghainese (Wu), Sindhi, Sinhala (Singhalese), Tagalog (Filipino, Pilipino)
Taiwanese (Minnan, Southern Min, Hokkien), Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Turkmen, Urdu, Uyghur (Uighur), Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Tumblr tags: #learning _________
- Can I become Fluent in ______ in ______ months/weeks/days?
No. You can’t.
- Can I learn Japanese from just watching Anime/Korean from Kpop/Chinese from Wuxia films?
Not on your life. Do you only speak the english you know from Spongebob? N’SYNC? The 300? Didn’t think so.
- What about Rosetta Stone?
For $180-$399 dollars? Are you insane? The program is built to teach you the Romantic languages. If you buy Rosetta stone for $400, and pass up every free resource on this list, I doubt your desire to actually learn anything. Don’t do it to yourself. That is a lot of money you probably won’t get back.
- But I heard that Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Arabic/etc is really difficult:
Well if over a billion Chinese people can speak Chinese, why can’t you? No really, don’t let something like this bother you. No, this is not the ease of moving from a English to a Romance language or German, but hey, if you wanted to learn German (and all those ridiculous cases) you’d be doing that.
- But what about ______?
I have knowledge on resources mostly limited to JPN/CHI/KOR classes. This is a participatory list, which I am more than grateful to take submissions for.I repost this every two weeks whether I need to or not. It too good not to and the original compiler deserves that much respect.
Anonymous said: One of the saddest and most hil- NO BITCH, the sad thing here is the fact that you're a stripper. If you want respect, maybe you should've graduated high school. 😂😂 when did stripping become a legitimate career?
Awww, you tried so hard, but unfortunately I can’t hear you over the sound of my debt-free college degree and massive disposable income.
why are parents allowed to yell and scream at their children and call them names and just make them feel like shit in general…
but when kids try to defend themselves…. its disrespectful?
People reblog this as a joke but this is so inspiring
This caught me off guard and I probably laughed harder than I should have, omg.
i hate when ppl make fun of me for trying 2 be positive and spread good vibes like fuck your bitter ass i spent a good portion of my short life being bitter and angry and suicidal if i wanna shoot sunshine out of my ass then i fuckin will
When someone with stank ass breath talks to you really close
Page 1 of 207